Sunday, January 15, 2012

Take A Stich Tuesday–Buttonhole

This week was a blast! I love the buttonhole stitch. It is, in my opinion, the most versatile stitch there is. I can sit and do the butthole stitch all day and never quite repeat a design.

buttonhole1

Combined with a fly stitch or French knot there are endless possibilities. Add a cast on and French knots. The laced double buttonhole would make a really nice centipede LOL.

buttonhole2

Circles make wonderful wagon wheels or flowers. Buttonhole leaf was really fun.

6 comments:

nancgard said...

Thanks for sharing. I like all the various ways you applied the buttonhole stitch. I also like your fairy headers.

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Excellent work on the buttonhole stitch! Who would know there would be so many variations!?

Manda Garner said...

Great work!! I love seeing how everyone comes up with such differet uses for the same stitch!

Suztats said...

Nice variations!

Beth French said...

Oh, you've given me some good ideas for my TAST sampler! I really like the swirling purple variation. I also really like the crossed stitches, they look like teepees. Isn't it fun?

Manda Garner said...

Beautiful love the leaf you did with this stitch. I just can't get over all the different ways people are using their stitches I've got a long way to go before I can call myself a decent embroiderer!! Thank you for sharing!!