Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

Here’s hoping that 2012 will be a better year all around. Wishing you good heath, happiness, and good stitching!

I’ve been working on a gift for the last week or so. It’s a little wall hanging. Only about 14 inches X 16 inches. It’s a picture of my friend’s 3 year old granddaughter and I’m turning her into a fairy. It’s kinda like playing paper dolls LOL. I’m building a princess dress (she will even have glass beaded slippers!) and surrounding her with silk ribbon flowers and butterflies. Lots of rhinestones planned. She will even have a fairy wand! I will post pictures as the block develops. This gives me a chance to practice silk flowers and gold work. Oh and play with my beads and rhinestones a little bit.

blue fairy

 

 

 

 

 

 

My friend loves fairies so I can’t think of any gift better than to turn her granddaughter into a fairy LOL.

4 comments:

Laurie Brown said...

What a great gift you're giving your friend! It's going to be beautiful.

Willa said...

Perfect gift and good going with the advanced paper doll technique!

Rita said...

Lisa, may I be your friend? ^__^

Lisa in Nevada said...

Of Course you can be my friend!
Thank you all for the wonderful comments :)