Sunday, March 11, 2012

No Time for TAST

Well, like always happens…I have great plans for “Take a Stitch Tuesday” and everything else gets in the way. I do plan on picking it up and playing catch up later this spring. Right now I am preparing for the three quilt shows in Northern Nevada.

I just finished Carson Valley Quilt Guild’s Challenge “A few of my favorite things”…and got third place! The quilts were voted on by the guild. Now it’s currently hanging in the Carson City Library.

The quilt is called “Quixotic Obsession”

002 004

Right now I’m working on the Nevada Quilt Guild’s Challenge “Under Western Skies” and this quilt is called “Buffalo Gal Won’t You Come Out Tonight”. It will be three blocks where I sew the backing together and piece over the seams to make it feel like one piece. I’m currently working on block three (yes, I number them) and am piecing blocks one and two together. Need it done in two weeks.

buffalo gal 1 buffalo gals 2

I just finished Pickled Ginger and just need to put the sleeve and label on it. I just finished reorganizing my sewing room and can’t remember where I put the label…sigh. That’s nothing new.

pickled Ginger pickled ginger detail 1
pickled ginger detail 2 pickled ginger detail 3

And of course the week is not complete without Chinky helping me clean the sewing room. Poor thing is so distressed by change. I think he believes he is going to a new home every time I move furniture.

001

7 comments:

Arlene White said...

Congratulations Buddy......
Arlene
http://arlenes-crafts.blogspot.com.au/

Jill said...

Congratulations! Good luck with your other challenge projects :)

miss_moneymaker said...

Great stuff Lisa! I love crafting and I've been wanting to learn how to quilt so I can mainly make some crazy quilts. I love all of yours! They are gorgeous! I love fairies, and butterflies! I know I could make a nice one if I knew where to start.
I've been reading quilting blogs and craft blogs for many years and I think I'm crafty. I would love to join some quilting or craft blogs in my community but I have no idea where they are, if there is any at all.

Diane said...

Congratulations! And to have it on show is wonderful!
The other two that you are finishing up look like winners too.

Vickie said...

Gorgeous work, as always, Lisa. Love the insects! And Chinky...well, you KNOW that I'm a bird person. Radar is sitting on yet another clutch of eggs. Vickie

Vickie said...

Gorgeous work, as always, Lisa. Love the insects! And Chinky...well, you KNOW that I'm a bird person. Radar is sitting on yet another clutch of eggs. Vickie

Aruna said...

Congratulations Lisa!!!! very nice quilt.