Sunday, July 21, 2013

Have you ever threaded a treadle sewing machine?

I was sitting down to experiment with the movie program in my laptop and found this video I made last year and forgot about it. The Carson Valley Quilt Guild had a heritage exhibit at their show where we demonstrated crazy quilting, hand quilting and working with a treadle machine. We also had an incredible display of antique quilts. We had talks about their history and dating antique quilts. I think it was one of the highlights of the quilt show.

The two hilarious ladies in this video are Loyann and Marilyn…two delightful quilters with a tremendous amount of talent between them. Loyann had so much fun demonstrating the Treadle machine that she has been making a quilt top on a treadle. Marilyn is one of the most talented hand quilters and applique artists I have ever seen.

Threading a treadle sewing machine in preparation for a demonstration at the Carson Valley Quilt Show

3 comments:

Bear said...

Ladies you are an absolutely wonderful needle threaders, thank you for the giggle you have givin me today.. Next time remember ya glasses polease. Love n hugest hugs
Bear xoxoxox

Bear said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Willa said...

I have threaded treadles and hand cranks many times. I own a few. These ladies were cute.