Sunday, February 5, 2012

Take a Stitch Tuesday–Herringbone…and stuff

Here are my stitches for week 5. Always a fun stitch, but I never really go “outside the box” on this one.

003

Been quite a week and I’m sooo glad the caucus is over. It wasn’t as bad as I expected. I was bracing myself for the very worst they could throw at each other. Living in the state capitol makes it so much worse. Mud slinging seems to be a sport here. I hardly turned on the TV this last week.

Yesterday I went to the annual 4H Rummage sale and came home with bags and bags of crazy quilt goodies. Bags of beads and broken jewelry. A cream silk scarf that is huge! trims and goodies. I go back this morning to see if the cabinet that I liked is still there. JoAnn’s has thread for half price anyway…so that’s another excuse to go out.

Pickled Ginger is on the table for basting this morning. Need to get it done before the edges ravel to nothing. This seems to be the one that everyone wants to see.

005

I gave the little blue fairy to my friend. It was made from a picture of her grand daughter. I took her for surgery that day and she showed it to all the nurses. Now people want my business card. I’m not prepared for this. All the nurses want one (or more). I’m not quite sure how I will handle this…but I guess I need some business cards….

And here is Chinky in his morning preening watching over the Pickled Ginger process. I never bother to close the cage anymore. He knows when bedtime is. I have bowls with treats or food in several places around the sewing room to promote natural foraging behavior. He is a total member of the family. Biggest problem I have is when he tries to follow someone out the front door. He gets so upset when anyone leaves the house. Stands at the door and screams. Silly bird.

006

2 comments:

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

I love what you are doing with the TAST stitches, Lisa!

Simplylisette said...

As I am reading your blog my cockatiel Wassal is sitting on my shoulder, lol! He is a very recent addition to our family, and I love him so much already! He too screams when I am out of his sight, and it is so heartbreaking I have to reassure him I am still there:) Your work is lovely!