Friday, December 23, 2011

New Year’s Resolution

 

I’ve joined the”Crazy Quilt Journal Project” &  Sharon Boggin’s “Take a Stitch Tuesday”. Just feel I need a little help focusing. And I always need help practicing stitches. Even after all these years, I still must practice and I’m always learning new things.

Chinky is sitting here on my shoulder “helping”. That translates into “biting me on the ear until I scratch his head. No, really he is very affectionate. I inherited him from a friend and he has been through 4 owners. He’s a member of the family and loves everyone.

So I’m preparing for these two challenges. I have many other things to do this year. I’ve got three quilts to finish up and I need to start the challenge for the Nevada Quilt Guild’s show. It has a theme of “Under Western Skies”. I need to back and bind the challenge quilt for the Carson Valley Quilt Guild challenge. Our show should be big this year. We will have $20,000 in prizes and 250 quilts on display. I’m webmistress of their website and it looks like it will be a busy year.

Off this morning to finish shopping for Christmas dinner and to visit a friend who has just had surgery. Then back home to stitch some. All my gifts are wrapped and ready. A very toned down Christmas this year and I am totally relaxed.

Maybe I will even dye some silk ribbon today!

No comments: